Greek Style Salad With Lemon Pepper Dressing
-- Barbara Lento, Aliquippa, Pa.
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) Veg-All Original Mixed Vegetables, drained
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup quartered black olives
- 2 scallions (or green onions), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 10 to 20 grape tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake pine nuts for 4 minutes; set aside.
- In 3 cups boiling water, cook orzo pasta for 9 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Let stand in strainer.
- In small mixing bowl, mix all ingredients for dressing; set aside.
- In large salad bowl, toss all ingredients for salad except lettuce. Add dressing; mix well.
- Serve on bed of lettuce; garnish with cucumber slices and grape tomatoes.
Reviews and Comments: