Light Lime Cheesecake
12 servings or one 8-inch cake
- 2 1/2 cups Minute Maid Limonada
- 1 1/2 packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (8-ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- Grated peel of 1 lime
- 2 cups frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup mixed berries for garnish (optional)
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 teaspoons water
- Place juice in saucepan over medium-high heat, reduce to 1 cup, about 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Make crust by combining graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter and water in a bowl, stirring until mixture begins to stick together. Press crust mixture into bottom and about 1 inch up sides of 8-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely before filling.
- Combine gelatin and sugar in bowl. Add boiling juice reduction to gelatin mixture and stir until gelatin and sugar are dissolved. Cool, but do not allow gelatin to set up.
- Beat cream cheese and lime zest with electric mixer until smooth. Reduce speed and slowly beat in gelatin mixture until thoroughly combined. Fold in light whipped topping by hand using rubber spatula. Spoon filling into prepared crust and distribute evenly. Chill 8 hours or overnight. Garnish with fresh berries, if desired and serve.
Reviews and Comments: