Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Note: May be assembled ahead and refrigerated up to 12 hours before baking.
- 1 package Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups cubed bread
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In large skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink.
- In large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, mustard and salt; stir well. Distribute half of bread evenly in buttered 9 x 13 x 2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with half of pepper, half of cheese, half of sausage and half of each optional ingredient.
- Repeat layering using remaining bread, pepper, cheese, sausage and optional ingredients. Pour egg mixture evenly over casserole.
- Bake uncovered 55 to 60 minutes, or until eggs are set. Tent with foil if top begins to brown too quickly.
Reviews and Comments: