American Lamb Pitas With Roasted Peppers, Cucumbers and Feta
- 1 pound boneless shoulder or leg of American Lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, cut into small wedges
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 medium Peloponnese roasted florina peppers, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 soft pitas or flatbread, warmed
- 1/2 cup creamy cucumber salad dressing
- In large plastic food storage bag, combine lamb, olive oil, lemon juice, mint, oregano and garlic. Marinate meat in refrigerator several hours or overnight.
- Heat grill. Alternately thread lamb and onion wedges onto each of 4 skewers. Grill lamb kabobs 8 to 10 minutes or until meat reaches internal temperature of 155¿ to 160¿F for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine cucumber, peppers and feta. To serve, place chopped grilled lamb and onions in pita bread, top with pepper and cucumber mixture and drizzle with dressing.
Reviews and Comments: