Balsamic-Marinated Flank Steak
6 hours to 24 hours
Makes 6 servings
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally. (For transporting, place food-safe plastic bag containing beef and marinade in a container with a tight-fitting lid. Place container in cooler with frozen gel ice packs or ice and keep cold until time to grill.)
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Season steak with salt and pepper, as desired. Carve steak crosswise into thin slices.
Reviews and Comments: