Strawberries and Cream Shortcake
according to package directions
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 1 (18 1/4 or 18 1/2-ounce) package pound cake mix
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant vanilla flavor pudding mix
- 1 (4-ounce) container frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled and halved (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Prepare pound cake mix as package directs; pour into prepared 9-inch round pans. Bake according to package directions. Cool.
- In large bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk and water; beat in pudding mix. Chill 5 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Place 1 cake layer on serving plate. Top with half each of pudding mixture and strawberries. Repeat layers. Refrigerate leftovers.
Reviews and Comments: