Classic Banana Cream Pie
Makes one 9-inch pie
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas, sliced and dipped in lemon juice from concentrate and drained
- 1 (9-inch) baked pastry shell or 1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
- Whipping cream, whipped
- In heavy saucepan, dissolve cornstarch in water; stir in sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; add margarine and vanilla. Cool slightly. Arrange 2 sliced bananas on bottom of prepared pastry shell.
- Pour filling over bananas; cover.
- Chill 4 hours or until set. Spread top with whipped cream; garnish with remaining banana slices. Refrigerate leftovers.
Reviews and Comments: