Lemon Raspberry Ribbon Pie
Makes one 9-inch pie
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen red raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice from concentrate
- Yellow food coloring if desired
- 2 cups (1 pint) whipping cream, stiffly whipped
- 1 (9-inch) pastry shell, baked
- Fresh raspberries for garnish, optional
- In small saucepan, combine raspberries and cornstarch; cook and stir until thickened and clear. Cool 10 minutes. Chill thoroughly, about 20 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped cream. Spread one-third lemon mixture into prepared pastry shell; top with raspberry mixture then remaining lemon mixture.
- Chill thoroughly. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Reviews and Comments: