Salsa Chicken Fiesta
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
High Altitude: Increase first bake time to 25-30 minutes.
- 2/3 cup Original Bisquick mix
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cups Old El Paso Thick 'n Chunky Salsa
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 8- or 9-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray. Stir together baking mix, water and egg. Spread batter in prepared pan; sprinkle with 1 1/4 cups cheese.
- Cook and stir chicken in oil over medium-high heat until outsides turn white; drain. Stir in salsa; heat until hot. Spoon over batter in pan to within 1/2 inch of edges. Bake 22-25 minutes or until edges are dark golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 1-3 minutes or until cheese melts; loosen from sides of pan.
Reviews and Comments: