Halloween Cut-Out Cookies
Makes 6 large cookies
- 1 (18-ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (14-ounce) bags M&M'S Milk Chocolate Candies for Halloween
- 1 (16-ounce) can vanilla frosting
- Black food coloring
- 6 large colored craft sticks
- 1 (6-inch) flowerpot
- 1 Styrofoam square
- 6 (12-inch) strands colored raffia
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Knead together cookie dough and flour until smooth.
- Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using large Halloween cookie cutters, cut out 6 cookies and transfer to cookie sheet. Gather up dough scraps and re-roll, if necessary.
- Slide a craft stick underneath each cookie and press into dough. Bake cookies until golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer cookie sheet to wire rack.
- When cookies are cool, divide vanilla frosting between 2 bowls. Using food coloring, color half of frosting black.
- Spread frosting over cookies, and decorate with candies (eyes, noses, etc.). Let dry, about 30 minutes.
- Fill flowerpot with Styrofoam. Tie each craft stick with raffia. Press craft sticks into Styrofoam. Sprinkle remaining candies over Styrofoam.
Reviews and Comments: