Chocolate & Butterscotch Fudge
Make about 2 pounds
- 1 cup (6 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk), divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Line 8- or 9-inch square pan with waxed paper.
- In small-sized heavy saucepan, combine butterscotch chips and 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk; set aside.
- In medium-sized heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips with remaining sweetened condensed milk.
- Remove from heat; stir in nuts (optional) and vanilla. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Over low heat, melt butterscotch and sweetened condensed milk mixture. Spread evenly over chocolate layer.
- Chill 3 hours or until firm. Turn fudge onto cutting board; peel off waxed paper and cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator.
Reviews and Comments: