Asian Beef Meatballs
Makes 28 meatballs
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Wine Notes: The jammy, spicy fruit of Sutter Home Zinfandel marries nicely with the tangy citrus sauce in this dish. But if you prefer a white wine, light, crisp Sauvignon Blanc pairs perfectly with spicy foods and will tame the hint of heat.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Tangerine Dipping Sauce (see recipe)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine ground beef, green onion, peanuts, soy sauce, cilantro, garlic and ginger in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 28 (1-1/4- inch) meatballs. Place on rack in broiler pan. Bake in 400°F oven 13 to 14 minutes to medium (160°F) doneness, or until no longer pink in center and juices show no pink color. Serve with Tangerine Dipping Sauce.
Reviews and Comments: