Candy Angel Choir
- 1 (16-ounce) box confectioner's sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup powdered egg whites or meringue powder
- Assorted food coloring
- 8 ice cream sugar cones
- Resealable plastic bag
- Decorating sugar (assorted colors)
- 1 (14-ounce) bag M&M'S Milk Chocolate Candies for the Holidays
- 8 (2 1/2-inch) store-bought cookies
- 8 Starburst Fruit Chew Pops
- Combine confectioner's sugar, water and egg whites (or meringue powder) in large bowl. Beat until stiff and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Using food coloring, tint frosting to desired colors, set aside.
- Snip 1/4-inch tip from top of each ice cream cone.
- Fill resealable plastic bag with meringue icing, twist tightly, and snip hole in corner. Pipe cones with icing and sprinkle with decorating sugar. Let dry 20 minutes.
- Put 1/3 cup Milk Chocolate Candies for the Holidays inside each cone. Pipe icing (as "glue") around large opening of each cone, and seal shut with a cookie.
- Carefully invert each cone so that cookie forms base.
- Once all cones have cookie bases, insert unwrapped pop into small hole at tip of each cone. Pipe icing at base of pop "head" to help secure it to cone.
- Decorate cones with Milk Chocolate Candies for the Holidays, by using a dot of icing to place each candy piece on each cone. Cut wing shapes from cardboard, ice and attach to cones with icing. Before piping hair, add food coloring to icing, if desired. Arrange dragées in circle on top of hair for halos. Let cones dry, about 2 hours.
Reviews and Comments: