Caramelized Onion Pizza
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Chef's Tip: Brush border of pizza with olive oil for shiny brown crust.
- 4 OSO Sweet Onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 pizza dough round
- 1/2 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- In large skillet, cook onions, thyme, allspice, salt and pepper in olive oil at moderate heat until juices are released. Keep cooking, stirring occasionally, until onions are lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spread onions over dough round, leaving 1- inch border all around. Sprinkle with olives and cheese and bake 15 minutes or until browned and bubbling. Just before serving, sprinkle pizza with sun-dried tomatoes.
Reviews and Comments: