Tiny Love Cakes
- 1 (16-ounce) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 2 to 2 1/4-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter
- 1 (16-ounce) can prepared vanilla frosting
- Red food coloring
- 1 (14-ounce) bag M&M'S Milk Chocolate Candies for Valentine's Day
- 1 tube chocolate decorative frosting, with plain tip
- Line cookie sheet with waxed paper and top with wire cooling rack; set aside. Cut pound cake lengthwise into 9 slices, each about 1 inch thick. Using heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 2 heart shapes per cake slice. (Save trimmings for another use, such as trifles, rum balls or snacking.) Place heart-shaped cake pieces on top of wire cooling rack.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of vanilla frosting into resealable plastic bag and set aside. Using red food coloring, tint remaining frosting light pink, and spoon it into glass measuring cup. Heat pink frosting in microwave 5 to 10 seconds, or until pourable. DO NOT OVERHEAT. Pour pink frosting over heart-shaped cake pieces, to cover both tops and sides, reusing drippings and reheating if necessary. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Using scissors, snip small corner from resealable plastic bag filled with white frosting, and use it to pipe designs on tops and sides of heart-shaped cake pieces. Attach candies in different designs, then pipe messages on tops with decorative chocolate frosting.
Reviews and Comments: