Chicken & Rice Casserole
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
For freeze ahead
PREPARE as above; do not bake. Cover; freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in refrigerator. Uncover.
PREHEAT oven to 350F.
BAKE 60 to 70 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Season with salt.
Courtesy of Nestlé USA, Inc.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast meat
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) Nestlé Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeños
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Lightly grease 2-quart casserole.
- COMBINE rice, cheese, chicken, evaporated milk, onion, eggs, cilantro, butter and jalapeños in prepared casserole; stir well.
- BAKE 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Season with salt.
Reviews and Comments: