Asian American Lamb Noodle Salad with Peanuts
Nutrition per serving:
16 appetizer servings
- 10 green onions (white and pale green parts only), chopped
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or apple juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound American lamb shoulder, well trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced, divided
- 6 ounces sweet potato noodles or (mung bean) cellophane noodles
- 3 to 5 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 pound snow peas, strings removed
- 1 carrot, julienned and blanched
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes | Marinate Time: 30 minutes | Cook Time: 18 minutes
- In medium bowl, combine green onions, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, rice wine or apple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, oyster sauce and salt. Remove 2 tablespoons and mix into lamb. Cover, refrigerate and marinate for 30 minutes. Reserve remaining sauce.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Remove from heat, rinse, drain and toss with remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil, set aside.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil over medium heat. Add one-half of shallots and stir 10 seconds. Add lamb and cook, stirring occasionally until no longer pink (about 4 to 6 minutes.) Transfer to large bowl, keep warm.
- Wipe out skillet and add remaining 2 tablespoons peanut oil. Add remaining shallots and stir 10 seconds. Mix in noodles and reserved sauce, cooking 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce is absorbed. Add spinach, snow peas and carrots. Stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until spinach is just wilted. Pour over lamb. Add peanuts, toss and serve.
Reviews and Comments: