BBQ Meatball Melters
Makes 4 sandwiches
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Tip: For younger children, cut each hoagie in half for easier handling.
- 24 frozen homestyle meatballs, thawed (about 24 ounces)
- 1 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 8 Borden Cheese Kid Builder American Singles
- 4 hoagie rolls, partially sliced
- Sandwich toppings such as dill pickle slabs, bread-and-butter pickle chips, chopped onions, lettuce leaves or thinly sliced mushrooms
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- COMBINE meatballs with barbecue sauce in microwave-safe bowl and toss to blend.
- MICROWAVE on High (100% power) 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until hot. Spoon equally into split hoagie rolls.
- TOP each hoagie with 2 slices cheese.
- WRAP loosely in foil and heat in oven 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese melts.
- SERVE warm topped with pickles, onions, lettuce or mushrooms if desired.
Reviews and Comments: