Apricot-Stuffed Turkey Thighs
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons chopped raisins
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2/3 cup plain dried bread cubes
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless turkey thighs
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- In medium-size microwave-safe bowl, combine apricots and raisins. Cover with hot water. Microwave at HIGH (100% power) 1- 1/2 to 2 minutes or until fruit is soft; drain well. Add garlic, onion, celery and bread cubes. Cover bowl with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH (100% power) for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until onion and celery are soft. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Flatten turkey thighs to approximately 3/4-inch thick by placing between 2 pieces of wax paper and pounding with blunt side of meat mallet.
- Divide stuffing evenly between thighs. Encase stuffing by folding opposite sides of thighs over stuffing to make bundles. Secure each bundle with string.
- Arrange bundles, seam-side-down, on lightly greased rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast in preheated oven 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours or until meat thermometer reaches 180°F.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, combine cornstarch, bouillon, mustard, honey and lemon juice. Cook and stir until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and fold in mayonnaise.
- To serve, remove string from thighs. Slice into rolls and top with creamy mustard.
Reviews and Comments: