Cherry Magic Cookie Bars
Makes 2 to 3 dozen bars
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries (without stems), drained, patted dry and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F for glass baking pan). In small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly on bottom of 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly with fork.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill if desired. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store covered at room temperature.
Reviews and Comments: