Banana Split Cake
If your a fan of banana bread, then this dessert will take the cake. Banana Split Cake has chocolate chips and chocolate frosting for an extra special taste.
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for in cake mix directions for Whole-Egg Recipe
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2 medium)
- 3/4 cup Hershey's miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 container (15 ounces) Betty Crocker Pour & Frost chocolate frosting
- Banana slices, whipped topping, candy sprinkles and cherries, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease or spray bottom only of 13 x 9-inch rectangular pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs and mashed bananas on low speed 30 seconds; beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into pan.
- Bake 38 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes. Microwave frosting uncovered on High 20 seconds. Stir thoroughly or until smooth. Pour over warm cake; spread evenly. If desired, serve each piece with banana slices, whipped topping, candy sprinkles and a cherry.
Reviews and Comments: