- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Ortega Thick & Smooth Taco Sauce - Medium
- 1 (4-ounce) can Ortega Diced Green Chiles
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained, divided
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package Ortega Taco Seasoning Mix - Regular
- 1 (4.5-ounce) package Ortega Taco Shells (12-count), broken
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes (optional)
- 1/8 cup sliced green onions (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Grease 12- x 8-inch baking dish.
- COOK beef, onion and garlic in skillet until beef is browned; drain. Stir in water, taco sauce, chiles, 1/4 cup olives and seasoning mix. Cook over low heat 3 to 4 minutes.
- LAYER half of broken taco shells on bottom of prepared baking dish. Cover with half of meat sauce; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat with remaining shells, meat sauce and cheese.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Top with remaining olives, tomatoes and green onions.
Reviews and Comments: