Sweet and Spicy Fajitas
- 1 1/2pounds boneless beef sirloin OR boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (1.5-ounce) package Ortega Fajita Seasoning Mix - Regular
- 3/4 cup Ortega Salsa (any variety)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 (8-inch) Ortega Flour Tortillas
- Sour cream (optional)
- Shredded lettuce (optional)
- Chopped tomato (optional)
- 1 cup Ortega Salsa & Cheese Dip
- 1/4 cup Ortega Diced Green Chiles
- CUT beef or chicken into strips. (Beef is easier to cut if partially frozen, about 1 1/2 hours.)
- HEAT 12-inch skillet or wok over high heat. Add oil; rotate skillet to coat.
- ADD beef/chicken. Stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown; drain. Stir in fajita seasoning, salsa, ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.
- SERVE in tortillas with sour cream, lettuce and tomato if desired, topped with salsa and cheese dip and hot diced green chiles.
Reviews and Comments: