Apple Mince Pie
Makes one (9-inch) pie
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Tip: To substitute condensed mincemeat for ready-to-use mincemeat, crumble 1 (9-ounce) package None Such Condensed Mincemeat into small saucepan; add 3/4 cup water. Boil briskly 1 minute. Cool. Proceed as recipe directs.
- Pastry for 2-crust pie
- 3 medium all-purpose apples, cored, pared and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (27-ounce) jar None Such Ready-to-Use Mincemeat (Regular or Brandy & Rum)
- 1 egg yolk plus 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- Place rack in lower half of oven; preheat oven to 425°F. In large bowl, toss apples with flour and butter; turn into prepared crust. Spoon mincemeat evenly over apple mixture. Cover with top crust; cut slits near center. Seal and flute. Brush egg mixture over crust (optional).
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F; bake 25 minutes longer or until golden. Cool. Garnish as desired.
Reviews and Comments: