Cherry Apple Pie
Makes 8 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
*May use fresh cherries with pits removed; frozen cherries, thawed and drained; OR canned cherries, drained.
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups Fuji, Gala or Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup dark sweet or tart cherries*
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust (press-in, rustic or fancy)
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In bowl, stir together sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Add apples to cinnamon-sugar mixture; mix thoroughly. Add cherries and lemon juice; mix thoroughly. Place mixture in pie crust; dot with butter.
- For topping, stir together flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over apples and butter. Bake 40 to 50 minutes, until crust is golden. Remove to wire rack and cool.
Reviews and Comments: