Cherry Mini Pound Cakes
Makes 6 mini cakes
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Note: This recipe may also be prepared in a 10-inch Bundt pan. Use only 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk. Increase baking time to 55 minutes plus 15 to 20 minutes covered loosely with foil, shiny side out. Cake may be dusted with powdered sugar prior to serving or frosted. In medium saucepan, combine remaining sweetened condensed milk with 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate melts and mixture thickens. Stir in 1/3 cup cherry juice and spoon over cake.
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 3/4 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 cups quartered maraschino cherries, well drained (two 16-ounce jars or three 10-ounce jars), well drained (reserve juice if using frosting option*)
- Powdered sugar
- In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla on low speed until blended, then on high speed 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients alternately with sweetened condensed milk to creamed mixture, mixing lightly after each addition.
- Fold in cherries. Turn batter into greased and floured mini loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans 5 minutes; invert cakes onto rack and let cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.
Reviews and Comments: