Butterscotch Berry Tart
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST All Purpose or Unbleached Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons Crisco Butter Flavor
- All-Vegetable Shortening, chilled
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Smucker's Seedless Red Raspberry Jam, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Smucker's Butterscotch Topping, divided
- 5 cups fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries) quartered if large
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine flour, sugar and salt in food processor; blend 10 seconds. Add shortening, blending until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add egg and vanilla and almond extracts. Process until moist clumps form, turning processor on/off to scrape sides.
- Gather dough into ball and, using floured fingertips, press onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Press 1/2 cup almonds over bottom of crust. Spread 1/2 cup jam over almonds followed by 1/2 cup butterscotch topping.
- Bake tart until crust is golden at edges and jam is thick and bubbly, about 40 minutes. Cool completely on rack. Push up pan bottom to release tart.
- In large bowl, toss berries with remaining 2 tablespoons to coat. Top tart with berries; sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons almonds around edge of tart. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons butterscotch over top.
Reviews and Comments: