Celebration Lime Cheesecake Bars
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, packed
- 2 (8-ounce) packages plain cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. With mixer fitted with flat paddle, combine flour and sugar; add butter and egg yolk; blend until combined. Mix in coconut. Press dough evenly into bottom of greased 13x9-inch glass baking dish.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until edge of crust is golden brown. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- With mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add eggs; mix until just combined. Stir in lime juice. Pour batter over baked crust. Once oven has cooled to 350°F, bake 17 to 22 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool. Cover and chill 2 hours. Serve with toppings (optional, recipes follow). Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Reviews and Comments: