Coffee Chocolate Chip Waffles
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Note: These are delicious served with Maple Coffee Butter (visit Recipes at www.millstone.com and select "Coffee as an Ingredient").
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4-ounce package quick-rising dry yeast
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee, medium dark roast such as Millstone Bed & Breakfast Blend
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- In large bowl combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt. In separate bowl, whisk together milk, coffee, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredient mixture, stirring just enough to blend. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit in warm place until doubled in size about 45 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon in enough batter to cover iron. Bake until done and golden brown.
Reviews and Comments: