Bacon-Wrapped Pork With Spicy Mango-Basil Relish
12 to 16 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1 1/2-inch thick
- 8 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 to 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced Spicy Mango-Basil Relish (recipe follows)
- Wrap 2 strips of bacon around outside edge of each pork chop, securing in several places with toothpicks. Mix together soy sauce, lime juice, cayenne pepper and garlic. Reserve half of mixture for basting and place half in shallow baking dish. Add pork to dish and turn to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, turning pork occasionally. (Marinate longer for more flavor.)
- Remove from marinade, discard marinade and place pork on grill over medium coals. Cook 12 to 16 minutes total, basting with reserved marinade several times, until pork registers 160°F with instant-read thermometer. Serve with large dollop of Spicy Mango-Basil Relish.
- Spicy Mango-Basil Relish - In small bowl, stir together 1 peeled, pitted and chopped mango, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
Reviews and Comments: