Asparagus With Warm Tomato Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 2 cups peeled, seeded and chopped vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Heinz Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 2/3 cup dry white wine
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Steam asparagus until crisp-tender.
- Sauté shallots in oil over medium heat until wilted, but not browned, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and bring to simmer. Cook another 5 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking, and then add vinegar, garlic, wine, salt and pepper. Simmer 15 minutes to reduce and thicken vinaigrette.
- Serve over warm or room-temperature asparagus spears.
Reviews and Comments: