Wild Rice, Apricot, Dried Cherry and Almond Salad
- 10 1/2 cups chicken stock (preferably homemade, but if not available, make from Wyler's Instant Bouillon)
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice (about 12 ounces)
- 1 cup dried apricots (about 6 ounces), coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons Heinz Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Bring chicken stock to boil in large, heavy saucepan. Mix in wild rice. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer uncovered until rice is tender, stirring occasionally, about 50 minutes.
- Drain rice well and transfer to bowl. Mix in apricots, cherries, onions and parsley.
- Whisk together vinegar, mustard and brown sugar in small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Toss rice with enough dressing to coat well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to use. Check salad for dressing and seasoning before serving.
Reviews and Comments: