Welcome spring and make your family smile this Easter with fun and easy recipes using your favorite chocolates and colorful jellybeans.
Cooling and Setting Time
10 minutes for each buddy
Makes 12 buddies
- 8 boxes Snickers Eggs 3-Pack
- 1 bag Dove Smooth Milk Chocolate Eggs
- 1 bag M&M'S Milk Chocolate Candies for Easter
- 1 bag M&M'S Minis Milk Chocolate Candies Mini Packs for Easter
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box favorite cake mix
- 2 (16-ounce) cans vanilla frosting
- Red, yellow and green food coloring
- 1 tube chocolate decorating frosting
- Marshmallows (mini and regular)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12-cup jumbo cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Divide batter evenly into prepared pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to wire rack and let cool completely.
- Fit one resealable bag with star tip. Divide frosting into 5 cups. Tint 4 cups: 1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 pink. Spoon green frosting into bag fitted with star tip. Spoon remaining colors into other resealable plastic bags. Snip 1 corner from each bag. Pipe frostings on top of all cupcakes and spread smooth.
- Sandwich 2 unwrapped chocolate eggs together with dab of vanilla frosting, creating complete egg. Make 1 complete egg for each cupcake and place on top. Use photograph as guide to decorate animals.
- Bunny: Dot entire egg with pink frosting. Cut marshmallow in half and flatten slightly. Sprinkle pink decorator sugar on sticky area of marshmallow. Arrange on top of egg as ears. Add 2 blue M&M'S for eyes, 1 red M&M for nose and 2 pink M&M'S for feet.
- Piggie: Dot entire egg with pink frosting. Arrange 2 blue M&M'S for eyes, 2 pink M&M'S for ears, 1 pink M&M for snout, 1 pink M&M for tail and 4 pink M&M'S for feet.
- Chickie: Dot entire egg with yellow frosting. Arrange 3 red M&M'S for comb, 2 dark M&M'S for eyes, 1 orange M&M for beak and 4 orange M&M'S for feet.
- Lamby: Dot entire lamb with white frosting. Arrange 1 Dove Chocolate Egg for face with 2 M&M minis for eyes. Arrange 4 M&M'S for feet. Place 2 mini marshmallow for ears.
Reviews and Comments: