Alaska Halibut With Grilled Pineapple, Chipotle and California Raisin Salsa
Nutrients per serving:
Makes 4 to 6 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
*Two cans (15 ounces each) sliced and drained pineapple may be substituted.
- 1/2 cup California raisins
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1 fresh pineapple, trimmed, cored and sliced 1/2-inch thick*
- Vegetable oil or grapeseed oil, as needed
- 2 chipotle peppers canned in adobo sauce, rinsed, seeded and finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Sea salt
- 4 to 6 Alaska halibut steaks or fillets (6 to 8 ounces each)
- Lemon pepper seasoning, to taste
- Plump raisins in rum 30 minutes; drain. Heat grill to medium-high (400 degrees F). Brush pineapple with oil; grill until lightly caramelized on both sides. Cool slightly and cut into 1/2-inch pieces; place in mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine chipotles, lime juice, zest and orange juice. Whisk in olive oil vigorously. Pour over pineapple chunks, fold in green onions, red peppers, cilantro and raisins. Season with sea salt, to taste. Set aside.
- Brush halibut with oil. Grill just until fish is opaque throughout, turning once during cooking. Season with lemon pepper and serve with salsa.
Reviews and Comments: