Blueberry Delight Crumble Muffins
Using apple sauce helps cut down on fat while adding a host of important health benefits. These muffins call for blueberry-flavored apple sauce and whole blueberries for an added burst of berry flavor!
Nutrition Information per Serving (1 muffin):
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 (3.9-ounce) Mott's Healthy Harvest Blueberry Delight apple sauce cups
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil or coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine topping ingredients and set aside.
- Whisk together dry batter ingredients (except brown sugar and berries) in large bowl. Combine eggs, apple sauce, brown sugar, oil and vanilla in separate bowl and whisk until well blended. Pour liquid ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Gently stir in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Arrange topping evenly over muffins, using back of spoon to gently press topping into batter.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until topping is golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Reviews and Comments: