Black and White Mexican Bean Soup
Makes: 6 servings (1 1/3 cups each)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1.25-ounce package Ortega
- Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 14-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 16-ounce package frozen corn
- 1 15.5-ounce can Joan of Arc great northern beans, drained
- 1 15.5-ounce can Joan of Arc black beans, drained
- 1 4-ounce can Ortega Diced Green Chiles
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in large pan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is tender.
- Stir in flour and taco seasoning mix; gradually stir in milk until blended. Add remaining ingredients except cilantro.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cilantro.
Reviews and Comments: