Individual Chocolate Soufflés
- 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large egg yolks
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat four 7-ounce ramekins with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar. Over medium heat, combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar, cocoa, flour and salt in a saucepan. Add milk slowly, stirring with a whisk until blended. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil and cook until thick. Remove from heat and let stand, about 3 minutes. Slowly stir in vanilla and egg yolks. Spoon chocolate mixture into a bowl and let cool.
- Place egg whites in large bowl. Beat with mixer at high speed until foamy. Slowly add 1/4 cup granulated sugar and cream of tartar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Slowly stir a quarter of the stiffened egg whites into chocolate mixture. Fold in remaining egg whites and chopped chocolate.
- Spoon mixture into ramekins and bake 15 minutes or until set with tops puffed. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve in ramekins.
Reviews and Comments: