Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 1 10-pound fully cooked whole ham
- 1 cup Smucker's® Cherry Preserves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons water
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325°F about 1-1/2 hours (or until thermometer registers 140°F).
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan combine cherry preserves, vinegar, corn syrup and spices. Cook and stir until boiling. Reduce heat; simmer two minutes. Stir in almonds. Remove from heat.
- Set aside 3/4 cup of the glaze. About 15 minutes before the meat is done, spoon glaze over the ham, basting occasionally.
- Remove ham from oven; place on a heated serving platter. Stir the water into reserved 3/4-cup glaze; heat and serve along with ham.
Reviews and Comments: