Makes 24 to 26 strawberries
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Can be prepared 8 hours ahead, but they are best eaten the same day. Keep refrigerated.
- 24 to 36 strawberries (about two 1-pint baskets), stems intact
- 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening or 2 tablespoons Crisco#&174; Stick, divided
- 1-1/2 cups white chocolate, chopped
- Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper. Wipe strawberries clean; dry with paper towels.
- Place semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon shortening in a microwave-safe glass bowl. Cook at 50 percent power, or defrost, for 45 seconds. Press finger into chocolate to see if it is melted, if not, heat for another 45 seconds.
- Repeat process until chocolate is soft and shortening is melted. Stir until mixture is smooth. Repeat process with white chocolate and remaining 1 tablespoon shortening.
- Holding a strawberry by its green top, dip 3/4 of berry into melted white chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off. Repeat with remaining berries. Place on waxed paper-lined sheet.
- Dip each cooled white chocolate-dipped berry at an angle into the semi-sweet chocolate, creating one side of the tuxedo "lapel." Repeat the process at an angle on the other side of the berry. Place on waxed paper-lined sheet.
- Place a small amount of melted semi-sweet chocolate into a small plastic zipper bag. Cut the tip of the corner, creating a very small opening. Pipe decorative buttons and bow ties onto strawberries.
- Refrigerate until chocolate coating is firm, about 1 hour.
Reviews and Comments: