Holiday Morning Brunch Bread
Makes 1 loaf (about 20 servings)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup (about 2 ounces) grated Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained well and finely chopped
- Spray Iridescents Tree Pan with vegetable pan spray; set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, garlic powder and salt; set aside. In medium saucepan, combine buttermilk, water and butter; heat over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture is warm and butter is melted. Pour into large mixing bowl; sprinkle yeast over mixture. Allow to stand 5 to 8 minutes or until mixture is doubled and bubbly. Whisk in eggs. Add flour mixture; stir until well combined. Stir in cheeses and tomatoes. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Cover with lightly oiled plastic wrap; let rise in warm, draft-free place for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool bread in pan 10 minutes. Serve with Savory Celebration Butters.