Bacon-Wrapped Sausage Coins With Apricot Dipping Sauce
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste (optional)
- 1 pound Bryan Smoked Sausage, any variety, cut into 1/3-inch rounds
- 1 pound Bryan Sweet Hickory Smoked Bacon, each slice cut into 3 pieces
- Combine preserves, water, lime juice, soy sauce, mustard and pepper flakes in a blender or food processor. Puree until ingredients are blended and mixture is smooth. Pour sauce into a small bowl, cover and refrigerate. (Sauce can be made 5 days in advance).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with sides with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Wrap each sausage round with a slice of bacon; secure with a wooden pick and set on prepared baking sheet. Bake until bacon is brown and crisp, about 20 to 25 minutes per side. Remove baking sheet from oven, transfer bacon-wrapped sausage coins to paper towel-lined plate to drain excess fat.
- Spoon sauce into a small bowl and set in center of large serving platter. Arrange bacon-wrapped sausage coins around sauce bowl. Serve immediately.
Reviews and Comments: