Buffalo Chicken Pizzas
This tasty recipe was a finalist in the 39th Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest in 2000. Create four mini crusts and top with Buffalo Chicken for a flavor-packed pie.
Start to Finish Time
- Olive oil
- 1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons red pepper sauce
- 1 cup diced plum (Roma) tomatoes (3 medium)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
- Heat oven to 425°F. Lightly coat cookie sheet with olive oil. Unroll dough; with sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut into 4 rectangles. Place rectangles on cookie sheet; press each into 6x5-inch rectangle.
- In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion and pepper sauce; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes.
- With slotted spoon, spoon mixture over dough rectangles to within 1/4 inch of edges. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake 13 to 16 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown.
Reviews and Comments: