- 1-1/2 cups Smucker's® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pound chocolate flavor candy coating
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Shortening
- Combine Smucker's Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, butter or margarine, vanilla and salt in large bowl. Beat at low speed of electric mixer until blended. Add 2 cups sugar. Beat until blended.
- Continue adding 1/2 cup sugar at a time until mixture shaped into ball will hold onto toothpick. Shape into 3/4 inch balls. Place on tray. Chill.
- For coating, combine candy coating and Crisco Shortening in microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at 50% (medium) for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until mixture is smooth. Insert toothpick in candy ball. Dip three-fourths of ball into melted coating. Scrape off excess.
- Place on waxed paper lined tray. Remove toothpick. Smooth over holes. Refrigerate until coating is firm; then remove from paper. Store at room temperature in covered container.
Reviews and Comments: