Lemon-Blueberry Bundt Cake
Nutrition Information per serving:
Makes 16 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
* May use 6 bars (two 6-ounce boxes) Nestlé Toll House Premier White Baking Bars instead of morsels.
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) Nestlé Toll House Premier White Morsels, divided*
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel (about 4 medium lemons)
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
- 2 cups fresh whole strawberries
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease and flour 10-cup Bundt pan.
- MELT 1 cup morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels melt. Cool slightly.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and melted morsels. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk just until combined. Pour half of batter into prepared Bundt pan. Sprinkle blueberries over batter; top with remaining batter and smooth down top.
- BAKE 60 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 30 minutes. Invert onto wire rack to cool completely. Transfer to serving platter.
- MELT remaining morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels melt. Stir in lemon extract. Drizzle over cake; allow to set a few minutes. Place strawberries in center of cake before serving.
Reviews and Comments: