Adobo Crusted Lamb Loin Chops
Complement the rich, sweet flavor of American lamb with a savory spice rub. It creates a full flavor without adding calories.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons each: coriander seed, cracked pepper, minced garlic, oregano and lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon each: thyme and rosemary
- 8 lamb loin chops, 1 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- In dry skillet, toast fennel, cumin, coriander and pepper a few minutes until aromatic; let cool and grind coarsely in spice grinder or blender. Stir in salt, garlic, oregano and lime zest. Rub both sides of each lamb chop with about 1 tablespoon of spice mixture; cover and let stand at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat 2 oven-proof large skillets over medium-high heat; add 2 tablespoons of oil to each pan and bring just to smoking point.
- Place four lamb chops in each hot pan and sear 5 minutes; turn lamb to sear second side an additional 2 minutes. Place pans into oven and continue to cook chops 5 to 10 minutes or until lamb is cooked to your liking.
Reviews and Comments: