Bean Salad Stuffed Tomatoes
Makes 4 servings
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Note: Recipe can be doubled.
- 1 can (15 ounces) READ 3 or 4 Bean Salad
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 4 large tomatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Drain bean salad, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid. Combine bean salad, celery, onion and bell pepper in large bowl; set aside.
- To prepare dressing, whisk together reserved liquid, mayonnaise and buttermilk in small bowl until well blended. Stir in chives, parsley and dill; season with black pepper, if desired. Set aside.
- Cut and remove 1/4-inch slice from top of tomatoes. Remove seeds and hollow out tomatoes leaving 1/4-inch shell. Invert onto paper towel-lined plate to drain completely.
- Pour dressing over bean salad mixture; toss gently to coat. Store tomato shells and bean salad separately up to 4 hours before serving. When ready to serve, stir bean salad to coat with dressing. Spoon bean salad mixture into tomato shells.
Reviews and Comments: