Blackberry Cabernet Marinated Steaks
Several hours to 2 days
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Pair with same wine used in the marinade.
- 3/4 cup McWilliam's Hanwood Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries, crushed
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 grilling steaks such as New York, rib-eye, or tenderloin
- Chopped fresh basil (optional garnish)
- Stir together wine, blackberries, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basil, salt and pepper in resealable plastic bag. Remove 1/2 cup marinade and set aside.
- Place steaks in bag; seal and refrigerate steaks and reserved marinade for several hours or up to 2 days. Remove steaks from marinade and discard contents of bag.
- Grill steaks over medium heat 5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Remove from grill; spoon reserved marinade over top and sprinkle with chopped basil.
Reviews and Comments: