Avocado Chicken Milanese
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 3/4 cup dry Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula
- 1 ripe tomato, cut into 16 wedges
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 fully-ripened Mexican Hass avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- Whisk 1/3 cup canola oil with vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in sealable food storage bag; add 1/4 cup vinaigrette, turning chicken to coat.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes to several hours. Reserve remaining vinaigrette. To cook chicken, remove from vinaigrette (discarding vinaigrette used to marinate chicken) and coat with crumbs.
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil. Add chicken; cook until golden and cooked through, turning once, about 10 minutes adding additional oil if necessary.
- Toss arugula, tomato and onion with reserved vinaigrette; add avocado and gently toss. To serve, top each hot chicken breast with salad.
Reviews and Comments: