Yucatan White Bean Chili
- 1 (27.2-ounce) package Hormel Always Tender original flavored pork filet, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10-ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can white navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup Chi-Chi's Salsa
- 1 Manny's tortilla, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Optional toppings: shredded Oaxaca or Monterey jack cheese, Mexican crème or sour cream, chopped cilantro
- In large saucepan over medium heat, cook pork, onion and garlic in oil 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with chili powder, cumin and salt. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, beans, bell pepper and salsa. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Heat oven to 375°F. Place tortilla strips on baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Ladle chili into bowls. Top with tortilla strips and desired toppings.
Reviews and Comments: