Dried figs combine well with other fruits like apples and pears in comforting, cold weather desserts like Apple-Fig Crumble.
Makes 6- 8 servings
- 8 ounces Blue Ribbon Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid Figs, quartered and stems removed
- 3 tablespoons Marsala or water
- 3 large tart, crisp apples, peeled, cored, cut into thick slices
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place figs and Marsala in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir until most of the liquid is absorbed. Set aside. Place apples in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with flour and cinnamon, toss to coat.
- Heat honey and butter until melted; drizzle over apples. Arrange figs over apples.
- For topping, combine flour, sugars, cinnamon, salt in a medium bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples and figs.
- Bake 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm.
Reviews and Comments: